Today was the first day of kindergarten for Talmage. That special day that is full of all kinds of emotions for mothers. That day when tears are shed.
You know, those emotions like humiliation, frustration, embarassment, exhaustion.... what? Ohhhhh. Not those emotions, huh? So you mean your child didn't go to kindergarten kicking and yelling, being prodded and coaxed? Refusing to have his picture taken? And your child didn't even try to run away, fighting teachers and staff? And those mother's tears aren't supposed to be out of sheer frustration wondering how you will ever survive raising this kid? And you didn't get a phone call an hour into class saying you needed to come back to the school because he was still trying to run away? Well now, aren't you the lucky one.
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying.... "I will try again tomorrow." -- Mary Anne Radmacher
17 comments:
oh my gosh! I am so sorry! You are the only one I know that could handle that kido! at least you live pretty close to the school right? well better luck tomorrow.
I'm sorry too Mayme. Would Alma 34:41 help? Someday it'll turn out all right. Thanks for at least venting on your blog. Probably feels better to let it out a bit.
Oh Mayme! I'm sorry to hear Talmage is off to a ruff start. I hope it's the first-day-of-school-jitters. Hugs to you.
PS Love your new picture!
Oh no! What an adventure! At least you'll have fun stories to tell him when he gets bigger?!? Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but I'm sorry today was so hard!
Oh, Mayme, I love you! I didn't go through that exactly, but we still didn't have a "typical" first day of school. That's next on the blogging list, but it is part of my "perfect" post today. You are a wonderful Mom, please don't feel any differently. For some reason Missy chose Brad & I as her parents, and it would be no surprise to me if he chose you and Lance to be his parents because he knew how good you would be with him. I don't know, but just have faith it will be okay. :)
Mayme, I am sorry! But, I laughed out loud from this post. Someday you will laugh too...hopefully! Keep us posted on how the next few days go! I will be thinking of you!
I'm so sorry Mayme! I wish I could be around so I could help! You and Tally are in my prayers!! Let me know if there is anything I can do.
I can only imagine the frustration! Good think Heavenly Father knew how much patience you have because most of us would have already ran away to the funny farm by now. :)
Just remember, so many of us are going through challenges being young moms - the Lord loves you and we love you - let us know whenever you need help!
yikes. well, take comfort in knowing that at least he's not the first to behave like that and he won't be the last. it's not just your child! Each one comes with different issues. I think I would have had many tears of frustration myself. good luck to him with the rest of the year!
Bless your soul. I totally understand how overwhelmed you must feel. But when I worked at Westridge we had a kindergartener that threw a fit so bad that she was a danger to her peers and the teacher--the police had to come take her. The police. I love that quote you have. I need to remember that.
I am so sorry mayme, I hope it goes better once he learns that school is fun! You are an amazing person, Talmage is so lucky to have such a great mom, i absolutely love this kid so please call me if I can help you at all. Good luck!
I can't believe the school called to have you come and get him. I think that was a mistake. Call the district office and get them involved with meeting your child's needs. I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog. I got it from Jessica's site. I teach Kindergarten- so I'd be glad to offer advice if you need it.
You are a great person Mayme! You will survive this, you are a strong person. By the way, I am going to need some help from you with pinching your pennies. I am not understanding it very well.
Yikes! Someday he'll be a little Einstein or Roosevelt or someone super superb like that and you'll bask in the glowing light of his fame right?
hiya- so i've tagged you. Yes, it's an annoying way to get you to blog, but someone's got to do it... love you!
I ♥ it! Thanks for sharing :)
Mayme! So fun to be back in touch!
Post a Comment